December Gardening To-Dos
In the Garden
- Prune evergreens in your yard for holiday decorations.
- Finish planting bulbs.
- Force pots of paperwhite narcissus for winter fragrance.
- Mulch paths and/or flower beds with arborist chips.
Fruits & Veggies
- Harvest winter crops when ready.
- Mulch unused garden space with straw to keep weeds from setting.
- Put a cold frame on your holiday wish list to extend your gardening season.
- Continue to allow your lawn to rest. Rake leaves and debris off lawn.
Around the House
- Welcome the winter holidays with a fragrant wreath for the front door.
- Add interesting branches to your entry and patio containers for a fresh winter look.
- Dress up your tabletop, mantle and staircase with fresh greenery and swags.
- Re-connect with friends by planning a holiday party and/or sending out holiday cards.
- Water your fresh-cut Christmas tree regularly and place far away from heat source.
- Cut back on indoor plant watering.
- Continue feeding wild birds.
- Enjoy the holidays with family and friends!
DAVID AUSTIN (available in March)
Olivia Rose Austin
The Generous Gardener
The Lark Ascending
The Poet's Wife
Flower Carpet Coral
Flower Carpet Pink
Flower Carpet Red
Touch Of Class
Blanc Double De Coubert
Head Over Heels
Love & Peace
BOLD = New for 2023